Strategic Marketing Specialist
Location: Dubuque, IA
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is an innovative marketer of supplemental health insurance products that help provide significant financial benefits to families during their most difficult moments. Headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, Platinum serves over 70,000 customers in 17 states.
The strategic marketing specialist plans marketing and communication campaigns that align with business objectives for sales, sales incentives and recruiting. Successful candidates for this position will demonstrate strong writing skills, command of writing style and brand guidelines, and experience creating content for different mediums.
- Collaborate with various departments and levels of management to determine communication or marketing campaign needs.
- Brainstorm and develop communication strategies that support organizational goals, such as event promotions or customer education.
- Create an ongoing calendar of content to communicate with outside sales representatives.
- Work closely with the graphic design staff to create dynamic promotional copy and layouts.
- Write and maintain content for various long- and short-form mediums, including print, web and social media. Specific examples include promotional writing, testimonial stories, research articles, direct mail, advertising, press releases and video scripts.
- Provide quality control through editing and proofreading of internal and external communications.
- Manage corporate social media and interact with online communities as appropriate.
- Aid in crisis communication.
- Maintain a current knowledge of trends and techniques in marketing, public relations, media, advertising and social media.
- Manage multiple projects within the established expectations for due date, accuracy and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Proven experience planning, writing and measuring effective communication and marketing strategies
- Layout experience in Adobe Creative Suite beneficial
- Ability to understand and apply industry guidelines, policies and procedures and exercise confidentiality and discretion where needed
- Excellent problem-solving skills; a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy; and an appreciation for effective, open communication with team members
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks under deadline pressure
- A positive attitude and flexibility to function in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance as well as retirement plan with employer matching
- Half-day Fridays: Typical workweek is Monday–Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Friendly, collaborative work environment with support for your career development
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Onsite health and wellness center
- Casual dress
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Join a fun team of people doing important work: Apply Now
Visit our Facebook page to learn more about who we are and what we do.