Location: Dubuque, IA
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is on a mission to protect as many Midwest families as possible from the possibility of medical bankruptcy in the face of America’s most common illnesses: cancer, heart attack and stroke. Platinum looks at the insurance industry differently and strives to custom-design only the best, most customer-friendly supplemental policies available. This type of charge requires tremendous creativity and team cooperation, and we’re looking for someone who’s up to the challenge.
As a Software Developer at Platinum, you’ll be part of a team that creates state-of-the-art applications for use by all of Platinum’s employees and field representatives. With a company culture that places a high priority on technology and innovation, the latest tools and resources will always be available to you. You’ll regularly collaborate with a highly talented team of programmers to elevate productivity and efficiency company wide.
Sound interesting? Here’s a breakdown of the job:
- Create, test, troubleshoot and maintain Platinum-specific program code
- Create custom iPad applications that help connect Platinum’s team of nearly 200 independent sales representatives to company processes, objectives, and internal staff members
- Write simple and complex SQL queries
- Professionally contact customers as required to communicate and clarify the intent of a new feature or to resolve a specific problem
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and OO design patterns
- Proficiency in C# preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to be flexible and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to articulate ideas and interact effectively with department team members and staff members from other departments
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent compensation and benefits package: Includes health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; retirement plan with employer matching; and flexible spending account. This starts on the 1st of the month following employee start date.
- Paid vacation time – start accruing day one, it’s available for use right away
- Paid holidays.
- Free access to on-site gym facilities.
- Daily casual dress—no starchy dress shirts or ties!
- Partial work from home.
- Start your weekends at 1 p.m. on Fridays! Platinum’s typical workweek is Monday–Thursday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Modern, well-equipped office facilities on Dubuque’s thriving, historic Main Street.
- Why do people like working here? Employees consistently say it’s the people, who are fun, talented and recognize each other’s hard work.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form on this page and attach your resume.