Location: Dubuque, IA
Platinum is a leader in the supplemental health insurance market, with a dynamic team of sales representatives serving 17 states. As a software developer for Platinum, you will serve an important and well-recognized role developing and supporting software applications that enhance sales force productivity.
Platinum is a leader in the supplemental health insurance market, with a dynamic team of sales representatives serving 17 states throughout America’s heartland. As a software developer, you will create and maintain state-of-the-art applications for use by all of Platinum’s employees and field representatives. Platinum places a high priority on effective technology and innovation, and you will collaborate with a highly talented team of programmers and department leaders to challenge productivity and efficiency company-wide. If you like the ability to innovate, problem solve and develop new skills apply today.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, test, troubleshoot and maintain Platinum-specific program code
- Create custom iPad applications that help connect Platinum’s team of nearly 200 independent sales representatives to company processes, objectives and internal staff members
- Professionally contact customers as required to communicate and clarify the intent of a new feature or to resolve a specific problem
What You Need:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and OO design patterns
- Proficiency in C# or Objective C preferred
- Experience with version control software such as GIT.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to be flexible and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to articulate ideas and interact effectively with other developers as well as staff members from other departments
- Excellent compensation and benefits package: includes health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; retirement plan with employer matching; and flexible spending account
- The training and resources necessary to exceed personal and professional goals
- Partial work from home
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Casual dress
- Typical workweek: Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Beautifully renovated office facilities on Dubuque’s thriving, historic Main St.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form on this page and attach your resume.