Location: Dubuque, IA
Are you looking for an entry-level position in finance or accounting where you can learn a diverse set of skills and really grow your career? As a finance specialist with Platinum Supplemental Insurance, you will assist with all facets of our finance department and enjoy the benefits of a fun, laid-back work environment. And did we mention the workweek wraps up at 1 p.m. on Fridays?
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is a respected leader in the supplemental health insurance market, serving 17 states and over 70,000 customers. As a finance specialist in our Dubuque, Iowa, home office, you will assist with all facets of our finance department, including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, forecasting, expense management, and internal audits. This is an entry-level full-time salaried position, working with a talented team of professionals. With a friendly, laid-back work atmosphere, this is a great environment for building up your professional experience in this field.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain adequate records and reconcile accounts by inputting and analyzing data, preparing general ledger entries, and recording all revenues and expenses
- Manage accounts payable by maintaining vendor invoices, tracking missing invoices, reconciling credit card statements and tracking payment of approved invoices
- Maintain all other accounting modules, including accounts receivable and bank reconciliation
- Identify and help improve financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management
- Provide reporting to finance director and other departments as requested
- Protect company values by maintaining a high level of confidentiality, ethics and professionalism
What You Need:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or equivalent experience (master’s degree preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Professional Suite, including Word and Excel
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under high-pressure deadlines
- Familiarity with advanced data analytics tools (Tableau and SQL preferred)
- Excellent compensation and benefits package: includes health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; retirement plan with employer matching; and flexible spending account
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Free access to on-site gym facilities
- Daily casual dress—no starchy dress shirts or ties!
- Start your weekends at 1 p.m. on Fridays! Platinum’s typical workweek is Monday–Thursday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Modern, well-equipped office facilities on Dubuque’s thriving, historic Main Street
- Why do people like working here? Employees consistently say it’s the people, who are fun, talented and recognize each other’s hard work
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form on this page and attach your resume.