Location: Dubuque, IA
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is on a mission to protect as many Midwest families as possible from the possibility of medical bankruptcy in the face of America’s three most common illnesses: cancer, heart attack and stroke. Platinum looks at the insurance industry differently and strives to offer our customers and employees only the best experience possible. This type of charge requires tremendous creativity and team cooperation, and we’re looking for someone who’s up to the challenge.
Platinum is seeking a Business Analyst to help support and contribute to the company’s continued growth. As a Business Analyst, you will examine and interpret data from multiple sources to find trends that can impact revenue growth, cost reduction, productivity, and efficiency. You will also create visualizations and dashboards to simplistically convey the data’s message to key company decision makers. With a company culture that places a high priority on innovation and insight, you will play an integral role in solving known and unknown business issues and keeping Platinum at the top of its game.
What You’ll Do:
- Collect and examine data from multiple sources throughout the company on behalf of all departments, including customer service, finance, marketing, and sales support
- Effectively use statistical analysis, predictive modeling and forecasting to interpret data into reports and actionable solutions
- Create intuitive visualizations and dashboards to clearly convey data implications to management teams and company executives
- When necessary, provide recommendations to Platinum’s leadership teams on ways to apply the data for relevant and timely business decisions
- On an ongoing basis, challenge existing processes and assumptions and test hypotheses using statistical experimentation
- Initiate reporting processes designed to monitor key performance indicators that alert business leaders to changes in performance
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science or other related field of study
- Strong quantitative background coupled with a proficient business acumen and ability to communicate how data findings affect business decisions
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and math skills
- Proven success as a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Software development and programming skills a plus
Specific Program Skills:
Familiarity or experience using tools similar to:
- Microsoft Power BI
- Sage ERP 100
- MAC 90 and MAS 200
- Cognos, SSRS, or Business Objects
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent compensation and benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; and flexible spending account
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Daily casual dress
- Casual dress
- Partial work from home schedule
- Typical workweek: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
- A fun workplace environment with talented individuals who recognize your work and value your input and collaboration
- Modern, well-equipped office facilities on Dubuque’s thriving, historic Main Street
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form on this page and attach your resume.