3 Reasons to Schedule Your Annual Screenings Today
When you purchased your Platinum-marketed supplemental insurance policy, you saw the value of the financial protection offered by its large lump-sum benefits. You don’t have to wait for a catastrophic incident, however, to take advantage of your policy benefits.
Many Platinum-marketed policies include coverage for annual preventative screenings and diagnostic tests to encourage a proactive approach to your healthcare.
Here are three things to keep in mind when it comes to accessing your benefits for annual wellness checks.
1. Yearly screenings are an important step in monitoring your health.
Regular screenings and tests are two key ways to proactively monitor your health. It’s the best way for your healthcare professionals to detect emerging medical conditions, which can lead to prevention of a more serious illness. This can even reduce future doctor’s office visits and potential treatment costs. With one simple call to schedule your annual screenings, you can also:
- Extend your life: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 100,000 lives could be saved each year if people took advantage of effective preventative services1 such as tests to identify chronic diseases.
- Boost productivity: You likely perform routine maintenance on your car or truck so you don’t waste time broken down on the side of the road. Likewise, a quick, routine annual exam today could save you the time of recovering from a more serious illness down the road.
- Save money: Most major insurance policies and many Platinum-marketed supplemental health insurance policies include benefits for preventative care. The ultimate goal is to help you—and the insurer—avoid the increased costs that typically come with a more serious diagnosis.
2. Your policy works for you (and your screenings).
Many Platinum-marketed policies include benefits for screenings and tests, including cancer and heart screenings. These policies are designed to offset out-of-pocket costs—both for treatment and prevention—so you and your loved ones can seek the care you need without financial worry.
3. Filing your screening claim is easier than ever.
Do you have a policy that includes screening benefits? If so, it’s time to schedule your annual exam and look ahead at how you can file your claim. We’ve simplified our process to make your claim as smooth and straightforward as possible.
To start: Simply download the Screening Claim Form, and fill out the following information:
- The type of screening or test performed
- Your physician’s name and phone number
- The date of the screening or test
After you have completed the form, mail or fax it to our office, and we’ll take it from there.
Claims Mailing Address:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance
P.O. Box 1404
Rome, GA 30162
Claims Fax: 813-386-4425
We’re Here to Help
Though the process can vary from claim to claim, Platinum will always dedicate the time to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible. If you have questions at any step of the claims process, please call our friendly and knowledgeable claims customer service team. We can answer any questions, ensure you’re submitting accurate information, put your claim on record and more. At Platinum, we try to ease the burden and simplify the process of filing your screening claims so you can focus on your health—not your expenses.
Platinum is a marketer of supplemental health insurance products.
Policies have exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact Platinum Supplemental Insurance.
This is a solicitation of insurance and an agent may contact you.