More Than Just Lump-Sum
Chances are, you’ve heard all about the lump-sum benefits on your Platinum-marketed policy. But, did you know about the other valuable benefits that can help cover the out-of-pocket expenses that go along with a serious illness diagnosis?
When you purchased your Platinum-marketed supplemental health insurance policy, you saw value in the enhanced coverage and peace of mind it provides when it comes to your finances. In a recent study, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid found that out-of-pocket spending for healthcare grew nearly four percent from 2015 to 2016—exceeding the average annual growth of two percent from 2008 to 2015.1 Platinum-marketed policies are designed to help offset out-of-pocket expenses related to a serious illness diagnosis or stay in the hospital, and we’re here to help you through those circumstances.
Because these expenses can be a burden on anyone’s financial situation, your policy may include values that shouldn’t be overlooked, including benefits for hospital confinement, lodging and transportation. These are just a few of the benefits that take your policy beyond a basic lump-sum policy:2
- Hospital confinement benefit. If you’re confined to the hospital for at least 18 hours as a direct result of cancer, heart attack or stroke, you may receive benefits to help cover these costs.
- Experimental treatment. This benefit may pay for experimental drugs and chemicals, surgery, or therapy endorsed by either the National Cancer Institute or American Cancer Society.
- Lodging. If the covered individual received treatment from a medical facility located more than 100 miles from home, they may receive $100 per day to help with lodging expenses.
- Transportation. The insured may receive benefits for travel to and from the hospital.
- Ambulance. The ambulance benefit may pay per trip to or from a hospital where the insured is confined as an inpatient.
Policies marketed by Platinum typically include several specific treatment benefits like these, in addition to large lump-sum benefits. For thousands of policyholders, Platinum’s approach to offering cost-effective, benefit-rich policies has delivered added financial confidence and peace of mind.
Do you want to learn about more benefits of your Platinum-marketed policy? Call our friendly and knowledgeable customer service team at 1-855-637-6550.
1National Health Expenditures 2016 Highlights. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Retrieved on August 2, 2018, from https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/downloads/highlights.pdf.
2Cancer Indemnity Benefit Rider and Heart Attack and Stroke Indemnity Benefit Rider
Platinum is a marketer of supplemental health insurance products.
Policies have exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact Platinum Supplemental Insurance.