Platinum Supplemental Insurance believes in the philosophy of giving back. Volunteering and charitable donations are a strong part of our company culture. Our employees and sales representatives are involved in many different charitable causes, and Platinum supports many local and national charities and events.
Here is a list of just some of the events and charities that Platinum has been involved with:
Every year, Platinum Supplemental Insurance reviews and selects a nonprofit for a unique service project opportunity in the location of its annual company trip. The selected organization must have financial or volunteer needs that the company can assist with throughout the year and during the annual trip. Floating Doctors is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing quality healthcare to rural populations in the developing world. Floating Doctors is committed to bringing healthcare to hard-to-reach communities in Panama that may not otherwise have access to medical services. Platinum sales representatives raised funds for the organization by contributing portions of their commission, and Platinum matched the donations. Platinum employees also donated over 100 pounds of basic healthcare supplies, like first-aid kits, aspirin and topical cream. The supplies were shipped to Panama and distributed to the rural clinics in Panama managed by Floating Doctors volunteers. A donation of $25,418 was presented to Floating Doctors’ founder Dr. Ben La Brot during Platinum’s annual trip in Panama City, Panama.
Singleton Moms is dedicated to nurturing single parents battling cancer and their minor children by meeting the practical day-to-day needs of the entire family while providing hope for tomorrow. After recognizing the similarity between the nonprofit’s mission statement and its own, Platinum Supplemental Insurance coordinated ways the company could support the organization while attending a company trip to Scottsdale, Arizona. Through various efforts, Platinum employees and sales representatives contributed supplies and $35,000 to Singleton Moms.
Casa de Dia Project
Casa de Dia is a senior day care center in Los Cabos, Mexico. While planning Platinum’s annual trip, Casa de Dia was identified as a project in need of help. The Casa de Dia building was originally donated by the government, but it now only pays for a director and a doctor. Everything at the center is donated, and 15 volunteers work there administering meals and medical attention to over 45 people daily who are in need or who are homeless. From 2012 to 2014, Platinum employees and sales representatives volunteered their time on site to perform building repairs and also raised money for clothing and medical supplies.
- Platinum’s employees and sales representatives have taken part in the Dubuque program since 2008 by implementing a variety of events to help raise money.
- In 2011 and 2012, Platinum was awarded the Top Fundraising Company Team in Dubuque by the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, having raised over $23,000 each year.
- Platinum has served as an event sponsor on several occasions.
- Platinum donated to the program in 2009, when the program was initially launched, and participated again in 2012.
- Platinum has made a five-year monetary commitment to this project, starting in 2010, to support what it felt was a valuable educational and tourism enhancement to the community.
- Platinum has contributed monetarily since 2009 to Hillcrest’s annual Reflections in the Park – A Hillcrest Lights Festival, which is their biggest annual fundraiser for programs.
- In September 2004, Platinum was presented with Dubuque Main Street’s Best Adaptive Reuse of a Building (over 5,000 square feet) Award.
- In April 2005, Platinum received an award from Main Street Iowa (part of the Iowa Department of Economic Development) from former Iowa Governor Thomas J. Vilsack.
- Platinum has been an annual contributor to the Dubuque Main Street organization since 2005.